Apogee Electronics had a big announcement at NAMM with it’s redesigned ONE, a 2 IN x 2 OUT USB audio interface and microphone. It’s self-described as the first studio quality audio interface and microphone that makes a direct digital connection to Apple’s iPad (iPhone, iPod touch) and Mac. In this video Daniel Jimenez tells us a bit about the new interface.
From Apogee Electronics:
Apogee Electronics is pleased to introduce the completely redesigned ONE, a 2 IN x 2 OUT USB audio interface and microphone. The all new ONE is the first studio quality audio interface and microphone that makes a direct digital connection to Apple’s iPad (iPhone, iPod touch) and Mac. ONE features Apogee’s Maestro control software, iOS device charging, optional battery power for portable recording with iPad and professional sound quality. ONE is the all-in-one solution that makes it easy for musicians, songwriters, recording engineers, film makers, audiophiles, and anyone else to enjoy professional sound quality on iPad and Mac.
ONE offers three input options; a built-in omni-directional condenser microphone, XLR input for dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, and 1/4” instrument input for electric guitars, keyboards or any instrument with an electric pick-up. An upgrade from the original design, ONE now has the ability to record two inputs simultaneously (instrument plus built-in microphone or external microphone). The updated AD/DA converters and mic preamps deliver best-in-class, studio quality sound and allow you to capture and playback your recordings with incredible clarity and detail.
ONE’s audiophile quality headphone amplifier/DAC is a favorite for enhanced music listening on Mac. Now ONE delivers the same hi-fi quality sound to iPod touch, iPhone and iPad users for listening to streaming radio and music libraries with incredible clarity and detail.
ONE’s built-in condenser microphone is a unique feature allowing anyone to record with incredible results and without the need for an external microphone. This paired with the option of connecting to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad and battery power enables studio-quality recordings to be created in any location.
“We have completely redesigned ONE, incorporating highly anticipated features; iPad compatibility, simultaneous recording of guitar and a microphone, enhanced sound quality, and a much desired metal chassis,” says Apogee CEO and Co-Founder Betty Bennett. “This is an innovative interface, ideal for the musician who wants an all-in-one solution they can count on for ease of use and professional studio quality results, no matter where they are. We’re excited to welcome this next generation of a classic Apogee product and we know our customers will love it.”
Apple’s iPad has revolutionized music creation with an intuitive touch interface and a universe of powerful and very affordable music apps. As a studio quality microphone and audio interface, ONE delivers key features to this new paradigm. Apogee’s Maestro software for iOS lets you control ONE’s inputs, mic preamp, outputs and set up low latency monitoring. ONE’s DC power charges iPad while in use so recording is not interrupted. The option of battery power for ONE allows for truly portable professional recording.
When used with iPad or an iOS device, ONE works with any Core Audio compliant app like GarageBand, Auria and MultiTrack. For recording on a Mac, ONE works with Logic, Pro Tools, GarageBand, Ableton Live and any Mac Core Audio compliant application.
ONE for iPad and Mac – Highlights
- First studio quality audio interface and microphone for iPad
- New circuitry, mic capsule and upgraded sound quality
- Redesigned die cast aluminum chassis
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini ?(Lighting adapter required – Sold separately)
- Works with GarageBand, MultiTrack, Spotify; Any Core Audio compatible app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, iTunes; Any Core Audio compatible app on Mac
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- Optional battery operation for remote recording on iPad (2 AA batteries not included)
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/96kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- Built-in omnidirectional condenser microphone (mic stand adapter included)
- 2 Analog Inputs (XLR microphone and 1/4” instrument connector on breakout cable)
- Record up to 2 inputs at a time (instrument + internal microphone or external microphone)
- 1 1/8” stereo output for headphones or powered speakers
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California – Made in the U.S.A.
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.7.5 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- USB bus powered; DC power optional (DC power supply included)
- iOS version: 5.1 and later
- Connection: 30-pin dock connector
- Power supply or two AA batteries required ?(Batteries not included)
iOS device compatibility (Lightning connector)
- iPod touch* (5th generation)
- iPhone 5*
- iPad* (4th generation)
- iPad mini*
* Requires Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Sold separately.
iOS device compatibility (30-pin connector)
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
Availability: March 2013
For more information, please visit www.apogeedigital.com/products/one.php